BEST NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
San Fernando Valley Interfaith Council-VIC
FOUR MULTIPURPOSE SENIOR CENTERS,
19 NUTRITION SITES
13300 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Years Won: 2018, 2017, 2016 (Best), 2015 (Favorite)
Bringing diverse communities together to enjoy nourishing meals, activities and programs that promote wellness, and provide opportunity for important socialization to combat isolation and loneliness, all done by a compassionate staff and committed volunteers; Advocacy and Action.
VIC PROGRAMS AND SEVICES INCLUDE:
- Hot nutritious lunch meals for older adults 60+ served at four senior centers across the Valley
- Hot nutritious meals and activities served to seniors 60+ at 19 separate nutrition sites
- Food pantry; home-delivered meal program for frail and elderly 60+
- Transportation bringing seniors to Centers for activities and to medical appointments
- In-home care management services for qualified seniors
- An array of wellness programs that include: Dancing, Travel, UCLA Memory Class, Matter of Balance classes, Silver Sneakers program, and more
- Creative and educational classes include Creative Writing, Short Story, Current Events, Computers
- Intergenerational cultural and fitness activities for youth and seniors
- Counseling for Medicare, taxes
- Social Services referral program
Valley Interfaith Council-VIC is honored to be voted as the Daily News Readers’ Choice for the 2018 BEST Nonprofit Organization, our third year in a row. We want to express our deep appreciation to the community and the City of Los Angeles for your continuing support of the work to improve the lives of seniors in the San Fernando Valley!